We are having another BOY!
I smiled...
Ladd was excited....
Lauren laughed.......
Miles giggled and giggled and giggled....
And Isabelle said "No, I am having a baby"
I am just grateful for the technology we have today to make sure this baby is healthy. I am grateful to know that he doesn't have any neural tube defects like Miles did. Not that I wouldn't love him any less, but it is nice to know ahead of time to prepare yourself mentally. I am grateful for the neurosurgeon who performed Miles surgery and that is has been a success so far...Although I still think he gave Miles superman powers when he did his surgery because nothing stops that boy.
Now I just need to prepare myself for non stop determination and energy....
for counter climbing at 9 months
for trying to climb the fridge at 10 months
for running and climbing on anything and not letting anything stop him....
for no fear in a child
for broken bones from jumping off things he shouldn't be
for a child that is full of life, love, and energy.
I use to say that I couldn't handle having a boy and Miles was every reason why I was afraid to have a boy. My friends would ask me how I do it with him everyday.
But this boy is the love and joy of my life. He is simply amazing. Nothing stops him. "no" is not a part of his vocabulary. And I am realizing that I don't have to prepare for another boy. I just enjoy them one day at a time and everything that comes with them. Life is more amazing with him, more adventurous, more real.
And besides that....their is something special about a boy and his mom....their love for each other is special and words do not describe it.
I am grateful that God is blessing me with another little boy!
I smiled...
Ladd was excited....
Lauren laughed.......
Miles giggled and giggled and giggled....
And Isabelle said "No, I am having a baby"
I am just grateful for the technology we have today to make sure this baby is healthy. I am grateful to know that he doesn't have any neural tube defects like Miles did. Not that I wouldn't love him any less, but it is nice to know ahead of time to prepare yourself mentally. I am grateful for the neurosurgeon who performed Miles surgery and that is has been a success so far...Although I still think he gave Miles superman powers when he did his surgery because nothing stops that boy.
Now I just need to prepare myself for non stop determination and energy....
for counter climbing at 9 months
for trying to climb the fridge at 10 months
for running and climbing on anything and not letting anything stop him....
for no fear in a child
for broken bones from jumping off things he shouldn't be
for a child that is full of life, love, and energy.
I use to say that I couldn't handle having a boy and Miles was every reason why I was afraid to have a boy. My friends would ask me how I do it with him everyday.
But this boy is the love and joy of my life. He is simply amazing. Nothing stops him. "no" is not a part of his vocabulary. And I am realizing that I don't have to prepare for another boy. I just enjoy them one day at a time and everything that comes with them. Life is more amazing with him, more adventurous, more real.
And besides that....their is something special about a boy and his mom....their love for each other is special and words do not describe it.
I am grateful that God is blessing me with another little boy!
Just some reminders for me of what is to come.....
I thought I would get a little break when he broke his leg and the Dr. said I would too...but he was up and running 2 hours after this cast was put on.....with his leg dragging behind him....






7 comments:
such a cute and funny post. miles looks so little in that cast picture. i am sure miles will love teaching him all of his tricks.
congrats! Another boy is a handful =) What a beautiful little family you have Sarah =)
Congrats!! I have to agree that boys are a handful. Unfortunately my little girl is turning out worse than my boy-CRAZY! Well congrats, when is your due date?
How perfect! Two of each. Congrats! Great post. It made me tear up. You are so right. The bond between mom and son is
indescribable.
Congrats on boy #2! I hope you are feeling well - we sure miss your family.
Congrats on the good news! I loved the pictures of Miles--they made me LAUGH!!!
congratulations!! I'm so excited for you. It'll be great for Miles to have a little buddy. And I'm curious to see if he gives Miles a run for his money or if he's a slower-paced version. Miles is the best!
Post a Comment