If you haven't visited Nauvoo....You NEED to! And you can even visit us on your way there! :)
We left early friday morning and drove to Nauvoo. What an amazing experience that is. I thought I appreciated the pioneers...but after leaving Nauvoo and hearing all the stories and seeing this beautiful city....my appreciation goes so much deeper. I only hope I can be more like these amazing pioneers....like the women. They took such care of their homes, their children, worked so hard and had so much faith...despite all the hardships and trials they went through.
I am in awe of the amazing temple they built...it is so beautiful, massive and they didnt have big trucks and machinery or power tools to build it. It was all done by their hands and hard work....dedication! They had such a beautiful city and were finally living in peace. They worked so hard to build their homes....made bricks one by one. And when their home was finally finished after so much work....they had to clean it, dust it and close their doors to leave because they were no longer safe there. How sad! Yet they kept the faith. They simply believed!
I pray that I can be more like them.
I have so many pictures to share!
What is below the statue......
(click on to enlarge)




2 comments:
I am so glad you loved Nauvoo. I love it there also. I can't wait to go back. We have been about 6 times and I never tire of it. I would have loved to experienced it with you. It really makes you thing about how hard they had it and if you could have made it back then. I love you guys.
What a great experience Sarah. I love all the pics. Was your mom able to join you?
Post a Comment