Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lauren keeps bugging me

To update our blog.

So here goes....Miles is in Cub Scouts. I dont know anything about cub scouts. I grew up with 4 sisters. We didnt do scouts, or even girl scouts. I guess we did a lot of stuff scouts did though, living on a river and a forest in our back yard. We spent our summers catching water bugs, building dams in the river, swinging off rope swings, floating down the river, making forts in the forest, and cutting off barbie heads and arms, you heard me right. us girls didnt like barbies. We also sat around the table having burbing contests with the missionaries after having them over for dinner. And chasing baby opposums out of our house, and catching air while my sister Melanie drove super cool VW rabbit over this hill by our house. Ok, enough reminiscing, where was I? Back to scouting.

So we had our first experience with a Blue & Gold banquet at the beginning of March. Miles and I made this cake for it. He also did his first Pinewood Derby back in February, but I didnt get to see it because was chaperoning a dance. But Ladd sent me play by play texts and videos of it while I was at the dance and I cried while I was missing my boy's 1st pinewood derby. But on to the next years pinewood derby and Ladd says Miles is going to have an awesome car. Stay tuned for next year.

Here is the cake.
I say its pretty darn good. The canoes were rolled out tootsie rolls. We had fun.



My Cub Scout!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was soooo totally lost when Dawson first started scouts. I had no idea what to do, it was so frustrating! I will be honest still, 4 years later, I DON'T LIKE SCOUTS! I think it's just lame, but I do it with my boys because they like it.

LaurenCarlston said...

wow u and ur sisters were tomboys!!! all that stuff sounds fun i wish i could've done it...u didn't like barbie dolls?? then again did i ever have a barbie doll?? i had dolls but i don't remember having one!! hey don't feel bad i wanted 2 see the pine wood derby 2 but i had 2 babysit sick sawyer..ok u got post about more!! like our trip 2 utah for thxsgiving and our several trips 2 the christensens house..we went 2 that cabin and rode forewheelers!! :D and the shaving cream sawyer got into!! can u email me those pics??

Melanie said...

I love that Lauren is the one encouraging you to post more. And while I read her comment I kept thinking, 'she is sounding so grown up!'

So, John is in cub scouts too. It is new to me also. Sure wish our boys were in scouting together. :) Oh, well. I LOVE your cake by the way...so, so awesome.