So I have been one of those mean moms who wouldnt let my daughter have anything "Hannah Montana" After much pleading with me, I gave in and became the "sucker mom" and let Lauren watch Hannah Montana! Now she lives for it. She counts down the hours to 7 every night when it is on, this is Lauren "Its 6:53, Its 6:54" etc in a very excited voice. And she proceeds to start dancing around the house singing her songs with the words that she knows.
I keep asking myself "Am I a bad mom to give in to this? To give into commercialism, What is this going to do for her self image, self confidence, etc?" I go both ways, saying it is a good thing, atleast she doesnt know Britney Spears exists, on the other hand, she is only 7, ahhhhhh!!!! I don't know....What do you all think?
Oh yeah, Isabelle saw a picture of Hannah Montanna and starting laughing and saying "Hannah otanna" and all excited....I am really doubting my parenting right now.
I keep asking myself "Am I a bad mom to give in to this? To give into commercialism, What is this going to do for her self image, self confidence, etc?" I go both ways, saying it is a good thing, atleast she doesnt know Britney Spears exists, on the other hand, she is only 7, ahhhhhh!!!! I don't know....What do you all think?
Oh yeah, Isabelle saw a picture of Hannah Montanna and starting laughing and saying "Hannah otanna" and all excited....I am really doubting my parenting right now.





3 comments:
I personally think it's adorable that she gets so excited and she has something fun to do every day!! :) But this is coming from a former member of the Ricky Schroeder fan club. By the way, I love your music on your blog!
Awwww, Hannah is awesome! No you aren't a bad mom!
Chloe adores hannah, too! I hadn't let her watch it, but Grandma did in Colorado last summer and Chloe became ADDICTED! actually think there are some excellent morals to the episodes . . . (usually). Chloe and McKenzie and Ainsley all take turns putting on Chloe's microphone headset and performing on the family room coffee table STAGE. They even make up their own songs. S
My opinion: You're a great Mom and it means a lot to our children when they are interested in something and we invest some time into checking it out. With everything the world offers, we need to make sure our kids get some of the GOOD things they're interested in, more of the BETTER options, and LOTS of the BEST! You surround your kids in the best, so a few indulgences in good interests is absolutely great!!!
Post a Comment