Sunday, July 20, 2008

I know when you think of Kansas....

the first thoughts that come to mind are flat, brown wheat fields....

But before you laugh, or give me a hard time....Dont. Because I already have....when Ladd told me he accepted a job offer there this weekend. (And cried and cried and cried)

But I am making the best of it. We told the kids tonight, Lauren cried and cried and cried and screamed and said NO!

But she is now ok with it and making the best of it.

So where in Kansas? Actually right on the border of Missouri, in the suburbs of Kansas City, Missouri. Ladd said he felt like he was at home when he got there this past Friday. He fell in love with the place and says I will too. It is green with lots of trees. He said downtown is covered in fountains galore and it is the most fun downtown he has been in.

Their is tons of stuff to do with the kids. We will actually be living in Overland Park, KS...a place that has some of the #1 schools in the country and is repeatedly named by CNN money one of the top places to raise a family in the country.

The church is strong there with lots of members. I am excited to be around a lot of the church history sites...including Nauvoo being 3 hrs away.

Lots of shopping. Housing is CHEAP compared to Issaquah.

I am going to make the best of it, but am soooo sad at the same time. We have been in Issaquah in the best ward ever for almost 6 years. I have many good friends in our ward and am grateful for the blessing my bishop gave me a few weeks ago that said that I will have lifelong friendships from this ward. What comfort that brings to me right now!

This is a dream job for Ladd and I am excited for him to be home more often and not worn out from running a business. We will have much more quality family time together. He is beaming right now at this opportunity and I am grateful that we can make this happen.

We feel very blessed right now and feel the Lords hand in our lives and I am grateful for His guidance and assurance that this is the right thing for our family right now.

So when? School starts early there...Aug 14. I am having a hard time seeing us there by then, but hopefully be the end of August. We will see!

12 comments:

Matt said...

Wow. That's huge news!

First, special congrats to you and Ladd.

Moving is challenging, and it will hard for the rest of us to see you go. As you know, change can be tough but good at the same time.

I've heard great things about Overland Park, and I'm sure the addition of your family to their community will just make it that much greater.

[sniff]

Janell said...

Hey girl! You are totally NOT the "creepy creepster" that I am talking to! Ha-ha! A certain person's fiance likes to get "dirt" on his family and employees by reading their blogs ... and we don't even know her! It's weird and kinda disturbing, so I just left a little message for her! So no- it's totally NOT you! I think you're GREAT and you can read my blog anytime!!! -jd

Janell said...

...and CONGRATS on moving!!! I am excited that you guys get to go on an "adventure" at the same time that I do! GOOD LUCK to you guys!
-jd

Alisha said...

I can't believe you're moving!?! How sad for us! You will definitely be missed - especially if we ever take that cruise out of Seattle. :( But I am very happy for you. Congrats!

Overland Park is very nice. I've been there and was very impressed. You'll love it.

Sniff. Sniff

Sarah Carlston said...

Alisha, We will fly in to take the cruise with you next year!

jhoopes said...

WHOA. HUGE NEWS!! It sounds like such a good opportunity! It is amazing how some things just fall into place. We are very excited for you guys--sounds like a great place--but we are soooo sad to see you go. Jake is sad that Lauren won't be around, too! Good thing you have a blog!!!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Sometimes the biggest leaps of faith are your greatests blessings. I know I thought in a million years I would never call the desert home, but it truly has been our greatest blessing. We have grown as a family, and have met some of the best people!

Just remember all of the new memories you will make. Also, a happy husband at work who loves his job, is worth gold!

Best of luck, and know that in a few years we will visit. Eric served his mission in Independence Missouri, we have been wanting to venture that way since we have been married. Now I will have family in the region, and more of a reason to make the trip!

Williams Family Dirt said...

I just told my husband where you were moving and he says it is a great area. He served in inner city Kansas City for nearly 8 months, and the Overland Park wards helped with the growing inner city branch. Pretty Cool!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Amber English said...

Hey Sarah,

I was blog surfing and came across your blog. You have a beautiful family! (your girls look just like you!). Looks like your getting ready for a big change!
Keep in touch.

Amber(Sanchez)English

Heidi A said...

Wow!! You guys will be a LOT closer to us:) I think Kansas City is only about 3 hours away. It really is beautiful in the midwest and there are definite advantages, though I KNOW you will miss Issaquah. Congratulations!

Rachael said...

NO WAY!!! I am so excited for you and sad at the same time. It sounds like you have so much to look forward to in the move, but we'll totally miss seeing your family - even if it's only occasionally now. I'm so glad that Ladd found a job he's excited about and that it'll mean less stress for everyone. Good luck!! What a busy month ahead!

carlen said...

Wow! Kansas!!! Sounds like this is a great thing for your sweet family and you've got a great attitude about it!

AND . . . keeping in touch with friends is SO MUCH EASIER now that we have this wonderful world of BLOGGING!!!

AND . . . are you expecting? (a previous comment suggested so . . . ) CONGRATULATIONS!!! very BIG CHANGES going on for you!