Sunday, August 24, 2008

Moving Sucks!!!!!

Quick Update.....

We are in Boise and wiped out. Trying to figure out how to get out of this hotel without falling asleep by noon. Friday night we didnt go to sleep until 4 am getting stuff done (Ladd cleaning out his office which is like a home its self! and me trying to sleep but thinking about all the stuff I had to get done the next day) And then we woke up at 6 am to get stuff done.

We were late getting the moving truck and when we showed up to our home at 9:15am on saturday I felt the love from our Tremendous!!! Ward with lots of people there ready to help! (You guys are all awesome and thanks for going the long haul with packing the truck)

Speaking of the truck, that was a crazy time! We had this gigantic 26 foot truck that I thought for sure was going to fit everything....We had the Whole house packed, EVERYTHING was in boxes and we thought we could get out of here by 11, but my worse nightmare came true...we couldnt fit everything! So we spent 4 extra hours trying to fit what we absolutely couldnt part with and taking the rest to storage and fitting everything else in the van. The van is carrying a heavy load and I have been worrried it is going to pop a tire if I go over any bumps....

So here we are trying to get the energy to drive on to Salt Lake and get their safely....

So 2 hrs of sleep and driving across country....Not my idea of fun.

More updates later....

5 comments:

Alisha said...

Glad to hear you made it safely to Boise. We will keep you in our prayers for you safe arrival to Kansas. We missed you last night! Keep us updated.

Kyla said...

i want to see you guys when you go through salt lake... let me know!!

jhoopes said...

Sorry that this moving thing isn't any fun!! We missed seeing you at church today. Thanks for the update, though, and keep us posted! Try to get some sleep!!

carlen said...

Moving never is pretty . . . but cross-country must be 10X more difficult! We'll be praying for you to drive safely and sleep well so you can keep driving safely! :)

Devon said...

I can't believe you guys are moving to Kansas! I've never been there, but I've seen the Wizard of Oz and it seems like a nice place :) Drive safe!!!