Sorry I didnt get this posted yesterday....4 kids can change your plans quite easily and more often than I think! :)
I dont have an actual recipe so I am doing my best to give you measurements...
3-4 cups cooked rice ( I use brown rice and you can also use white rice or chicken flavored Rice A Roni)
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup raisins
1 can crushed pineapple(add a little bit of the juice)
1 can mandarin oranges
1/2 cup sliced or chopped toasted almonds
Diced cooked chicken....I usually do about 6-7 chicken tenders
1/2 cup thawed frozen peas (you can either cook these barely or put them in hot water till they are thawed)
1/2-3/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup Yoshida Gourmet Sauce
1/4-1/2 tsp dried parsley
Put everything in a bowl except for the oranges, mayo and yoshida and mix well(the oranges break up too easily so I add them last) Add the mayo and yoshida. Mix well. Add the oranges and mix gently. This is good if you use hot rice so it is a little warm and it is good too after it has been chilled in the fridge. With the mayo...you need enough to make it wet and not dry, but you dont want it runny. You may need to add less or more.
Again, this is all estimations. I dont have a picture, I plan on making it next week. So I will post one then. Enjoy!
P.S. This is great for Relief Society Gatherings......
Cole's Baptism
15 years ago




2 comments:
I'm so glad you are posting recipies, you have such good ones! Someday when its cooler and I feel like baking again I will try the bread. Do youhave a good pizza crust that uses whole wheat?
OK, so I always make this with miracle whip instead of mayo. It gives it a different flavor--a little sweeter.
Post a Comment