I dont have anything blog worthy right now....other than my kids are crazy and happy and I love them so much!
Today we had this crazy storm. It was 65 out and we went to Walmart (btw...as much as I hate to admit it, I love Walmart!) I could hear the rain and LOUD thunder when we were inside. I was not looking forward to the time for the shopping to be done and make the brave run to the car. Sawyer was in the baby wrap, Isabelle in the cart and Miles and Lauren gearing up to run to the car. Now I grew up in Washington and lived there for the past 6 years...I am use to rain and have seen all kinds of rain. But this was CRAZY rain..going sideways and couldnt see in front of me it was raining so hard. Poor Sawyer didnt know what he was about to encounter and by the time we got to the car...a mere 30 seconds of running in the parking lot with 2 inches of rain on the ground, Sawyer was screaming, Isabelle was crying and saying she was scared and then Miles started crying because he felt bad and was worried about Sawyer. We were all soaking wet......like we just took a shower in our clothes wet. I then had to get the groceries in the car. a few minutes later, My hair needed a towel. We survived our parking lot adventure....and enjoyed the car ride home in crazy rain and LOUD LOUD LOUD thunder and lightening.
I have decided to name this state the land of crazy storms(the other day their were reports of grapefruit size hail in a neighborhing city.....whatever I said...but I guess it is true and the poor people in this town have lots of damage)! I am just glad the tornado sirens have not gone off yet. I think I might pee my pants when they go off for real...if they ever do!
Anyways...Sawyer started laughing a few weeks ago and now laughs on his own with just looking at me...maybe I am funny looking to him...who knows. But I have decided life is just magical when your baby laughs! It brings happiness to my soul!
Thats it for now.
Oh yeah...I will get my recipe to you later today....I am going to post my Moms "Rice Chicken Salad" Y.U.M.M.Y!!!!
Cole's Baptism
15 years ago




5 comments:
doesn't your mom have a yummy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe??
Oh my gosh... I have been laughing so hard reading your post. We ome to Kansas! We have had many many rain storms like that. Funny, I was caught in Walmart one day when it rained like that and I too felt like I had had a shower with my clothes on. Too sad for the kids. They will get over it though.
Holy cow, what a storm! It is like that when it has rained when visiting my sister in Texas, the raindrops are just huge. I love looking at sweet Sawyer's pic...what a cutie! And I couldn't agree more about hearing a baby's laugh.
Can't wait for the recipe. And BTW, I also love Wal-Mart.
CRAZINESS! And you know it's bad rain when a girl from Seattle can't believe it. :) I loved that Miles was worried about Sawyer. :)
Your comments about the weather always remind me of my mission in Florida and the weather there. Being closer to the coast it was hurricanes rather then tornadoes, but we had crazy storms! I remember driving to a dinner appointment in a lightning storm where it was pouring so bad the wipers hardly did any good and telling my companion my parents would be freaked if they knew what I was doing.
Post a Comment