My dad with Lauren when she was a baby (Looks like Isabelle)
Tomorrow it will be 4 years since my father passed away. I cant believe it has been that long. I remember it like it was yesterday when I was by his bedside and he passed through the veil back to our Heavenly Father. He was only 54. I still have days where I think it was all a dream. Not a day goes by that I dont think about him. What I would do to hear his loud deep voice just one more time. Or see him singing in French or Italian(I think it was a mixture of both languages) while making some new creation in the kitchen...My dad was the most amazing cook and would just find whatever was in the fridge and make some amazing dish, that was never the same as the last dish he made. Or hear him say one more time "Girls, get in hear" to me and all my sisters. My dad is my hero...he worked so hard his whole life so I could have a roof over my head. He would work well into the night many times just to get a job done (he was a carpenter) so my mom would have money to buy us food. I love my dad and I cant wait for the day to see him again. He was such a spiritual giant and knew so much. I could always call him up to ask him a question and he would always know the answer. Thank you Dad for all you were to me and for being the best role model and example and for loving me and my sisters and brother and my mom so much!





3 comments:
He was a great man, with a tremendous sense of humor too!
that picture is so precious.
I'm so glad you posted a comment on our blog.
This is such a beautiful tribute to your Dad, Sarah! So many of your feelings are similar to mine about my Dad's passing. And the best way to honor their memories is to live the best lives we can, which you do so well! I'd love to add a link to your blog from mine (if that's fine with you) so I can visit often!
Post a Comment