Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've Been Thinking....

Last week Ladd had a call from someone based down in Ft. Lewis who was hit by a IED blast that left him a paraplegic. He wanted to know if Ladd could help him or if he knew of someone closer to him that could.

I have been thinking about this man. What he has done/served/sacrificed/lost for our country. I have never talked to someone who has served in this war or who has lost someone from this war, etc. However, I have been really sad after hearing about this man.

No matter what your opinion is about this war....and believe me, I have some very strong opinions against it(and President Bush for that matter, but I wont go into that)--I am grateful for these men and women, their spouses, children, mothers, fathers, siblings who love them and support them and for the daily risk they take of losing their lives!!!! I am grateful for the sacrifice they have made and continue to make everyday.

I hope that everyone takes a moment every day and thinks of them and prays for them!

Just my thought for the day!

1 comment:

carlen said...

great post! we sometimes forget when we get caught up in our own lives . . . to remember the BIG picture!