Ok....so I totally blew it with my new cool idea of posting my favorite recipes every Monday. So here is to Tuesday, my recipe day for this week.
I decided to post my favorite bread recipe...it is without fail always moist, light and fluffy. This is a very easy and simple recipe and I actually make bread 2-3x a week and this is my kids favorite recipe (And Ladds)
2 cups hot water
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup brown sugar (you can use honey, but I think it makes the bread more dry)
1 TB salt
1 1/2 TB yeast
In a mixer, or by hand in a large bowl, put the water, oil, sugar and salt in and mix well. Add the 4 cups of wheat flour and yeast to water (And I do add the yeast directly in the bowl with flour, I dont put in a separate bowl and wait for it to rise.) Mix well. Add the 1 cup of white flour (I actually do all wheat instead of one cup of white) . Mix this well. The dough should not be sticky but shouldnt be dry either. I then knead in my mixer for 10 minutes. Cover and let it rise double in the bowl. Punch it down and cut into two pieces. Roll the dough out flat and roll it into a loaf shape. I put them in glass pirex loaf pans. Cover with a cloth and let rise till just above the glass and cook at 350 for 33 minutes.
If you are looking for a good mixer...go with the Bosch...it is AWESOME!
Let me know how it turns out for you.
BTW....I took a picture this morning of my bread I made last night....and took my memory card out of my camera to dowload the picture....somewhere it got lost between trying to get to the computer, changing diapers, making breakfast, and feeding Sawyer. Not sure where, but when I find it, I will post a pic of what the bread looks like!
Have fun!
Cole's Baptism
15 years ago




3 comments:
we just had a big enrichment night all about wheat. We were wishing you were here to bring some yummy rolls and bread! Will you post the roll recipe I have heard so much about?
Also, have you ever tried this recipe using ALL wheat flour instead of some white?
I would love to try this, Sarah! Thanks for posting. I will let you know how it goes. :)
wheat bread... yum
doughnuts... yum
artisan bread... yum
mini hamburgers... yum
thanks for the recipes. i will definitely be using these soon.
Post a Comment