This is the easiest bread recipe......and the yumiest. You know Costco's "Artisan Bread"??? Well, this is better!
3 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp yeast
1 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 cup water
I used my mixer, but you could also do this by hand with a wooden spoon.
In a bowl or mixer, mix dry ingredients and then add the water, mix until everything is sticky and wet.
Put dough in a greased bowl and cover it with saran wrap or lid. Let it sit for ATLEAST 12 hours.
After 12 or more hours.....
Preheat oven to 450. Dump out dough on floured surface. Pat it down flat to about 3/4" thick. Fold over sides to middle and do again to form a round ball. Place in greased round baking dish (I used a 3" tall round pirex dish") Cover with foil, I sprayed my foil with pam incase the bread touched the foil.
Bake for 20 minutes covered with foil. Uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes depending on how golden/brown you want it. I cook mine for an additional 10 minutes. Experiment with it.
Enjoy!




4 comments:
Yum, I love artisan bread. Thanks for sharing!
This looks yummy. i am going to try it. Does it raise much after to fold it over?
can't wait to try it!
this is just like the recipe i make in my dutch oven. but mine doesn't call for sugar--otherwise it's exactly the same. i'm trying yours today! thx for sharing!
Post a Comment