Friday, May 22, 2009

Last Week of School

It was a very busy week with end of the school year activities. Today was Laurens last day of school, Miles was Wednesday.

Miles had a "Dash to First Grade" on Wednesday. All the kids made a cardboard car and they walked around the play ground in it and then went to the first grade classrooms and met the teachers there and saw the classrooms. Then we ended with a bbq.


I am so so so grateful for this amazing school Lauren and Miles got to go to this year. I heard amazing things about the school, and they are all true...from the teachers, activities, fieldtrips and the Principal...he is amazing! It has been a wonderful school year....but I have to admit, I am ready for a break and some relaxed mornings! Although, I am not ready for the heat this summer will bring. I thought I was going to die today and my neighbors were laughing at me telling me this 82 degrees with 60% humidity is nothing and to just wait for July! Great! I am grateful for AC that is for sure.

ok, back to the pictures......

Here is Lauren and her most amazing teacher! Every child should be blessed to have a teacher like her! Nothing but praise for Mrs. Newman! Lauren came home happy every day from school because she loved being in this class with her every day and loved how she taught and explained things!



I decided we were going to celebrate the end of the school year today....a new "family tradition"

It started by me making these mini hamburgers from scratch....holy moly these were a lot of work!

We had a picnic outside.....

I found this recipe for homemade doughnuts....um... a lot of work again...but so worth it!
Yummy!!!!
This is where they are all at right now...except for me and Sawyer
I am pooped....they are all watching a movie in our tent outside, having a daddy/daughter/son date/sleep outside night! (while I am inside watching a movie snuggling with Sawyer on a comfy couch!)


And here is Sawyer for the evening, happy to have his mom to himself!

Congrats Lauren and Miles for finishing an awesome year of school!
I love you both!!!!

2 comments:

jhoopes said...

Sounds like a great school--lucky!! Fun new traditions. Maybe one of these Mondays you'll post the hamburger recipe AND the doughnuts?!

Melanie said...

I can't believe you guys are already done with school...and what a fun way to celebrate!!!