Lauren along with her Hannah Montana obsession is obsessed with anything American Girl. I actually prefer this over Hannah Montana....but have learned to let her be herself and make her own choices, blah blah blah.
Anyways....she has the American Girl catalogs and even makes up stories as she looks through the pages of them, will make up new ones every time and has to have someone listen to her while she is making these stories up.
She has been saving her money to get an American Girl doll (because I refuse to pay over a $100 buckaroos for a doll). I had an idea a few months ago...she has all those polly things that were part of the recall just sitting in my closet waiting for me to get around to returning them....and then I thought...hmmmm being the nice mom I am, she could get some money back for those cheapo plastic polly crap and be on her way to getting the American Girl doll that much quicker. So I added it up and it was freaken $102 bucks worth of cheap plastic crap :) So I got my bottom in gear and filled out the paperwork and returned the stuffaroo. Then they sent me stinkin vouchers to use for more cheap plastic crap that had to be mattel brand(with a note that specifically said "couldnt be used for American Girl products"(because Mattel bought American Girl a few years back).....and I was thinkin to myself...oh no, no, no, no.....they are not going to tell me how my daughter is going to use the money they owe her for these choking products and I called them and gave them a piece of my mind and demanded cash back and not a stinkin voucher...they are not controlling me...I was furious and the poor guy on the phone was probably thinking I was a freak! (little word of advice, dont mess with me....I will get my way when it comes to customer service(remind me to tell the story of how I got $30 pizza credit at Garlic Jims when they delivered it late)). He told me he would be right back, and sure enough, he was right back with the address of where to send my vouchers back and when they received them they would send me a check instead.
Long story short...or Long story ending....we got the check and Lauren is getting her first American Girl doll on Tuesday....she is very excited...stay tuned for some pics :)
Cole's Baptism
15 years ago




3 comments:
hi lady,
Your sister sent your blog url to me. You are still as gorgeous as always! as is your beautiful family!
Thought I'd drop this by since you're entering american girl land:
http://www.freemoneyfinance.com/2008/02/how-to-save-on.html
later!
amy
http://www.crazymokes.com/
Good story! Way to be so assertive!! Can't wait to see Lauren's doll! I love how she makes up stories with the catalog. What a cutie!
What a great story! I wish we had enough polly pockets to add up to an American Girl doll. Lydia wanted one for awhile, but it's faded. I like that interest, too. The books are great! Thank goodness for the library!
Post a Comment