Yesterday, After much pleading, I finally let Miles play out front without my supervision. I made it very clear where he was allowed to play and wasnt allowed to play. I would check on him once in a while and we was always happily playing and paying attention to where he was playing and staying withing the "boundaries". While I was doing the dishes, I felt a distinct impression to "go get miles NOW!" I thought to myself, No, he is fine, just playing and he has been doing great and following the rules. I felt the impression again "GO GET HIM NOW!!!". So stopped what I was doing and with soap all over my hands I ran to the door to check on him. When I opened the door, he was facing me with his back towards the street. Some guy who I have never seen before was approaching him and when he heard the door open he quickly turned around and started walking away very fast.
I dont know what that guy was doing and I do not know what his intentions were in approaching Miles. However, I am eternally grateful for the Lord for blessing me with the spirit and in turn keeping my Miles safe(and grateful that I listened!!!) I love this boy so much and he makes me laugh everyday....and he makes me crazy every day too!!!
Here is a recent pic of him. He is definately all boy!!!! Yes that is mud...he actually came in from playing outside quite clean compared to other days....





6 comments:
umm...scary! It's so sad that you even have to worry about things like that! I am glad that everything is okay!
Gotta love evidence that the H.G. is a whole lot more than our own minds making things up. Thanks so much for sharing that story.
what a scary and also awesome story. i am glad you listened and i am glad he is okay.
oh my the things that you go through being a parent is crazy.
What a blessing to have the Holy Ghost! I am paranoid to leave my children out in the front yard alone!! We need to get our backyard finished so they can run and play. All boys need a little dirt and outside time everday!!
scary!! I am glad you listened and glad that Miles is okay. It's humbling to know that we are being watched over ALWAYS.
No way! That is really scary, but also a neat story to tell Miles forever - about how much Heavenly Father loves and protects him. It's a great reminder to me that moms have power to keep their kiddos safe.
Post a Comment