Oh My Freaken Goodness....If you have never heard a Cicada, be greatful!!!! These bugs are so loud, maybe not by themselves, but their are millions here and it is deafening every night when they start their mating calls. The first night I was here, I thought something was being eletrocuted or something was wrong with the power lines. I was kind of scared!
Here is a link to what they sound like....http://www.naturesongs.com/cicada1.wav
Imagine a million of those little suckers all making their noise at the same time.
People say I will get use to it and wont even notice it eventually and it is usually only during the end of summer....I sure hope so!
Cole's Baptism
15 years ago




2 comments:
I asked Eric about them, he remembers them from when he lived there! He says you get used to them, just like we have gotten used to days over 100 degrees, and 95 feels alot cooler, like almost fall weather!
It sounds like Kansas is just like Texas. You really do get used to the bugs. I remember when my mother in law came to visit us for the first time, and we were all outside, and she said "What is that noise!" Paul and I looked each other and couldn't figure out what she was talking about, because we were so used to it, we couldn't hear it anymore.
Post a Comment