Sunday, September 7, 2008

Emotions....

Lately I have found myself to be an emotional basketcase. We went to a parade for the "Old Settlers Day" yesterday. I found myself crying when the different high school marching bands passed us by and when the police motorcycles came by with their sirens and the Soldiers passing behind them standing proud and carrying our American Flag! Holy moly, what is wrong with me! I keep telling myself that it is all the pregnancy hormones going crazy...but I never believed in those extra hormones that are suppose to make you cry one minute and laugh the next, but I guess I am eating my words.

I watched "P.S. I love you" last night while Ladd was at the office doing a presentation. I cried the when I saw it in the movie theatres, but man, I bawled uncontrollably last night. It made me ponder all the wonderful blessings I have in my life. For a husband that I am absolutely in love with, 10x more than on our wedding day. We all have our health and I feel the love of our Savior in our lives daily.

Last Thursday, the night we pulled into the driveway of our home, it was the day of our 10 year wedding anniversary. While we originally said that we would always do something "BIG" for our 10 year, we didnt. Instead we were traveling half way across the country with a HUGE moving truck and the most precious cargo with us. As I think back through the past 10 years, their have been days of extreme joy, extreme sadness and harship and we have grown tremendously together. I couldnt ask for anything more on my 10 year anniversary....an amazing marriage and to be madly in love with the man of my dreams and 3 amazing kids that are healthy and we are a happy family that gets along for the most part. We have our days and moments when we wonder what we are doing, but in the end, My 3 kids and amazing man are exactly what I want on my 10 year anniversary, I couldnt ask for anything more and a big ship with lots of good food and entertainment doesnt even begin to compare to celebrating with my family the past 10 years.

Ok...so I will get off my soap box, but want to say...Thanks Ladd for the journey of the last 10 years!!!

4 comments:

The Guymons Gossip said...

Ha! Sarah, I cry at parades ALL THE TIME (and I'm not even pregnant) My family thinks I'm a little odd!
Ditto on what you said about 10 years of marriage, I feel the same way. Aren't we SOOO blessed to have GREAT husbands and wonderful kids?
Hope you're doing well!
-Erika

Rogers Family said...

I can beat the parade crying story. Last year when I was pg with Michael, I took the kids to see the Game Plan. It was a disney show not a tear jerker at all. Well needless to say at the one touching moment I lost control and cried uncontrollably. The kids were worried. People stared it was a good time.

Sarah Carlston said...

Ok, so maybe I dont feel that wierd!

Ladd said...

Thanks Hunny!