Finally, I have internet....
40 hours of driving and 5 days later we pulled into the driveway of our home. I thought I was going to die when I got out of the car--the humidity is awful!. I am not sure I will ever get use to it. I am really missing my friends and Washington right now. I can only pray that I will get use to it here and make friends. It is cold and rainy this morning and I was in heaven when I walked the kids to school!
Speaking of school...Lauren and Miles started this morning. They were so brave and I hope that they have a good first day and the kids are friendly to them. They were suppose to start yesterday but we all got the stomach flu and then Lauren ended up at the dentist yesterday with an infection in her tooth. UGH!
I was planning on walking the kids to school everyday, But Miles, who is only in kindergarten is begging me not to. It is only a block away, but I am kind of sad that they dont want me too. That means they are growing up.
I am trying to focus on the positives right now.....We got here safely, We are in a great home with huge trees, big fenced back yard, a pool in the neighborhood, and some of the best schools in the nation.
I am really missing Washington but hopefully this will become my new home.
Cole's Baptism
15 years ago




5 comments:
Moving is awful and so is humidity! Summer is an indoor season for me. Hope things get better.
Yeah!! You made it!! :) What a crazy start with the flu, a tooth infection and the first day of school! We miss you here, too. Having moved not TOO long ago, I totally know how you feel...I just kept reminding myself that not ALL of the nice people in the world could live in Walnut Creek--there had to be some in Issaquah, too. And since Issaquah is the place you're missing now--you KNOW I found great friends here and you will there, too. Sorry for the book...ran into Lauren's 1st grade reading buddy on Monday at the park...it was cute. Good luck getting settled!!
Hooray - you made it! That's got to feel nice to have that challenge behind you so you can focus on "settling in."
To get to know people, I suggest you wear your Sheriff and Town Drunk outfits. People will want to know more about you.
We are missing you too! I am glad you got there safe! Your kids ARE so brave; new place, new school, new house etc... What troopers!
Hang in there, I am sure you will make many great friends, besides, who wouldn't want to hang with the Carlstons?
Glad to see you made it safely. I still can't believe you guys moved!Moving is the pits. I remember when we moved to Snoqualmie it was really hard going to a new ward. There was one week when we pulled into the parking lot at church and I started crying. We wound up turning around and going home. I just couldn't go in. I supposed it didn't help that I was pregnant and that I felt we'd left for the wrong reasons and had left some things undone. It helped when we got new callings. Our little sunbeam class was so cute. I was sad to have to tell them we were leaving.
Post a Comment